Friday, July 20, 2012

Today was a beautiful seasonal Wisconsin Summer day.    It was lovely.   Not too humid and the temps were mild.   My neighbor and I agreed that this is the kind of day that makes us remember why we love living in Wisconsin.

We still need more rain.

My computer has been goofy, so I called Rob, the guy that installed the hard drive.  He wondered if possibly I had gotten a bit into that Monday Virus and had me do a Norton COMPLETE scan.   It seems to have worked.   The computer has not done the crashing thing at all since then.   I did all the things that I remember that were causing the problem and it is working as smooth as silk.   Whew.

I called my brother George last night.  I just had been thinking of him and needed to hear his voice.   He and Betsy were walking so I talked to Betsy first.   He is now retired too and settling into it quite nicely.  Boy, are we Deeley's aging.  I remember that at one time Nora said that she figures, in 20 years we will get together with our little canes and all hunched over and old and all look and sound exactly alike.    I can think of worse fates.

Since I was letting my computer heal most of the day, I cleaned out about 3/4 of my desk.   Now that I am started I plan on finishing it tomorrow.

This morning the doorbell rang.  I went to answer and FedEx was leaving and had left a package on the stoop.  It was a package from Leslie and Bill.  A basket with all kinds of cool snacks.   We are already enjoying them.  Even Roxie.  One of the items is a little mini wood cheese ring with Monterrey Jack Cheese in it.  Roxie LOVES Monterrey Jack we found out tonight.  Leslie was pleased that Roxie was pleased.  She was especially pleased that we were using them for our afternoon canapes.

Isn't it awful what happened in Colorado.   We must pray for the victims and for the family of the gunman who I am sure are devastated.    How to even comprehend that a child of yours could do such a thing.   I can't imagine the heartbreak on either side.

Be safe and have a wonderful weekend.   We will have a quiet one.  The only thing we have scheduled is Mass for me on Saturday afternoon.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary










No comments: