Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sundays are nice.    We stayed in bed until after 9AM this morning.    I am still tired.  But at least it was a rather quiet day.   I baked a new kind of scone,  Basil/orange marmalade.     They are really good.   I am trying to fine recipes to use my beautiful fresh herbs in.

Leif and Nora stopped in for a visit this afternoon at about 2PM.   They had been at Mother's and were giving her a chance to rest and us a chance for a super catch up visit.    It was a lovely couple of hours.  We shared a glass of wine and some of my herb recipe attempts and just talked.    Dick loves having Deeleys come to visit and enjoys Nora and Leif a lot so it was a welcome Sunday afternoon.  

We always have SO much to talk about.   They are going up north to the Apostle Islands with Eileen and Fred tomorrow and will return on Thursday.    Leif and Nora are planning on visiting special Wisconsin places every time they come back for a visit.   Dick and I have turned them on the the International Crane Foundation in Baraboo.

We had leftovers for our supper and Kay is here to put Dick to bed for me.    Tomorrow starts another week.    It will be rather busy.   On Tuesday,  Dick and I will got to Fond du Lac to meet with the prosthesist.   I hope we can resolve the problems with the right leg.

So.  Time to wind down.    Can you believe that July is almost over.   August 1st will begin the Celtic season of   LUGHNASADH,the harvest season.    Hope the blessed rain we have received in the past week or so makes this a better season than it looked like.

Dia Dhuit

Mary 

No comments: