Thursday, August 02, 2012

A warm rainy day in the lovely city of Plymouth.

I went to yoga this morning.   I met my friend, Felicia, at the Craverie for a cuppa and a croissant before the class.    It was a nice class,  very gentle.   The Thursday morning is advertized as a "gentle class" and I needed gentle today. 

Last night was OK - except.   We got to bed and I turned off my reading light at about 8:45PM.   Before 9PM, yes, you are reading correctly,  Dick had to get up to go the the bathroom.   I don't know which is worse,  having to get up just when I am settled or when I have had an hour or so to rest.    And I mean for both of us.  Oh well,   what is.  Is.   We were back in bed around 10PM.   I got up at 6:30AM.

 I took my shower and did what I had to for me.   Heather from Embrace was here at 7:30 to help Dick get up and take care of him so I could meet Felicia at 8:15AM.

Dick and I  have had the rest of the day at home..   I was exhausted  when I got home, so took a nap late morning instead of after lunch.  

Dick is trying to get me to tell him what time I want to go to bed.    I told him that from now on I would rather that he just go when he is tired.   He knows what time I WANT to be there, but we are dependent  on his needs anyway.    I just want him to be READY so that when we do settle in, we can stay there.

I baked some fresh blackberry scones today.  I shared with our neighbor and have three for Jody for tomorrow.  It is Jody's birthday.

I also make potato salad which made Dick a very happy camper.

Tomorrow should be fairly quiet.   I won't have to go anywhere during the day.   I may go down to Mother's in the evening if Nora and Leif are there for their last visit before heading back to Texas tomorrow.

So.  May you sleep well and May I too.

I am minded of a song called John O Dreams which is a very soothing lullaby.

This is the third verse:

[3]
Both man and master in the night are one
All things are equal when the day is done
The prince and the ploughman,the slave the free man
All find their comfort in old John O'Dreams
All find their comfort in old John O'Dreams
 
Sleep tight
 
Dia Dhuit
 
Mary





No comments: