Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Well, we had a ride for the heck of it today.   I thought that the proshesist appointment was today but it is tomorrow.   Yikes.   I don't know if I write it down wrong, or if Marty told me wrong, but it doesn't matter much now.    We have filled out all the papers they need, so tomorrow we can concentrate on the prosthesis.  Marty is in Oshkosh on Tuesdays so I am inclined to think it was me putting it on the wrong day.  It was much easier getting Dick in and out of the van this time.   Practice will make perfect. 


The above paragraph is what I started yesterday.   I realized after I was in bed and not ABOUT to get up again, that I had not finished and published the blog.    I hope you all missed me.

Today was fun.   When Heidi got here this morning, I left to go shopping at Gibbsville.   I just wanted to stock up on some really good cheese factory cheeses.   Boy are we set for a while.   Nora  and Leif, If you want to share some really good cheese canapes.  Come on by.   (Anybody else too.)   We ALWAYS have canapes at 4PM.

On the way home I stopped at Cappelle's for fresh sweet corn.  I also picked up some berries and some fresh beets and fresh farm eggs.    Boy are we in the nation's breadbasket.

Now I will spend the next few days using these fruits of the field.

We had fresh sweet corn and sliced tomatoes for our supper.   Boy is that good.   I have several packages of corn preserved int he freezer for the winter.

This afternoon we went back to Fond du Lac to meet with Marty.   The in and out of the van IS getting easier.   The meeting went well.   Marty took a cast of Dick's right stump.   He is replacing the socket as he feels that the leg is now pretty much done shrinking.   He is also going to have it go on the same as the left one, which seems much more secure and is easier to get on.  It will take a month or so but it will be worth it.

So it has been a busy day.   I have to call Mike at the wheelchair place.   He put foodrests on the motorized chair which do keep his feet and knees where they should be but we discovered today that the stump rests will not fit on the chair now.    As Rosanna Rosanna Dana used to say.  "It's always something.'

A busy day coming to an end.   I HOPE to get to bed early to read a bit before going to sleep.

Until tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: