Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Too much going on these days.   I hope that things will slow down now. 

I had to get up at 6AM today and that was not easy.   Dick woke me up just before 5Am because I needed to take care of him and then Roxie woke me up at 6AM because she was hungry.   Not fair!

But I did slip in another hour of rest before getting dressed.   (I suppose you are shocked but I decided not to shower today!)

Heidi, from Embrace came at 7AM.   I left shortly after to do the grocery shopping.   I was back at about 9AM and Heidi helped me "stow" things so that the floors were clear for the carpet cleaners.   I was exhausted so did lie down for about 45 minutes.  Heidi thought it was funny.   I was napping.  Dick was napping and Roxie was also sound asleep.

We had ring bologna and saurkraut for our lunch.  The carpet cleaners got here a bit before 1AM.  I had them clean the bedroom first so that Dick could lie down for a nap.   He was exhausted.   They are people that I have  known for a long time so I feel good about them being here.  The carpet is now clean and Jim even helped me move Dick around as I did not have the nice desk mats which make moving Dick on the stand lift possible for me.

We are moving ahead on the car though it is still a "oh I hope it works" adventure.

My computer came back this afternoon.  I am sure glad that I found Preferred Computing.   One of the names Richard got from his search of Plymouth.   Robin picked it up yesterday morning and he brought it back this morning all fixed.   He was full of complements for Richard and Brenda for the setup that they have done for me.   I am so glad to have it back.  I am also so grateful for the laptop which kept me treading water until I had my full capabilities back.

So we are at the end of the day.  The house is turned upside down.  But a good night's sleep will help and between me and Kay, from Embrace, tomorrow we will get our house back in order.   Roxie will be quite relieved.  I think all those machines really kind of upset her.

So the day is over and tomorrow seems a bit quieter.   We are having guests for dinner . I have the meal planned for little work and good taste.   Hope it works.   I will let you know.

I am going to Yoga again tomorrow.  This time with my friend Peg Feider.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

"A ship in port is safe but that is not what ships are built for."   Grace Murray Hopper

No comments: