Sunday, June 24, 2012

Serene Sunday and such a lovely day it was.   There was a bit of moisture on the deck this morning and we were warned there might be showers.   The showers never materialized and it was so very pleasant.

I got up a bit late and Dick got up even later.   So I was rested and had time to spend, just me, before he got up.

Talked to Bobbie this afternoon.   We are going to filter the last two batches of wine that I will be making.  Then next week we can bottle them.   Bobbie is gradually taking the wine making equipment home with her.   We love having her eat lunch with us every Monday.

I called Leslie today to be sure that nobody coming to visit us in two weeks (yea) have any dietary constraints.    None, so I can just stock up on whatever I want to.

My sister Nora called this afternoon.   We had a good talk.   She and Leif had a lovely time in China.   I was so thrilled to get birthday greetings from China.   She and I have both struggled with Joyce's Ulysses.   I am, when I get time, listening to the DVD course on Ulysses that she lent me.  

Dick got his hair and beard cut this afternoon - by me.    It looks pretty good and I know that he will be much more comfortable now.

We had steak for our lunch and a "breakfast" of corned beef hash and eggs for our supper.

Tomorrow will be busy day so it is time to wind down and get ready for bed.   Kay is here to put Dick to bed so I just have to take care of his personal needs when he is all settled in.   

So, until tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary










No comments: