Tuesday, June 26, 2012

This was quite the day.   Busier than we both like it to be.   But quite productive.

I got up at 6:30Am.   I would have liked to stay later,but it was trash day too.   So I showered and then took out the cans.  Then I took care of Dick's morning things and let him sleep for a bit more.  I took out the trash and got everything ready for our trip to Sheboygan for Dick's appointments at the Clinic.

Tim, from Custom Care and Transport, picked us up at 10:30AM and dropped us off at the Clinic for Dick's first appointment at the anti coagulation clinic.   His count was 190, still a bit low, so we are changing the dosage a little and will get it checked in two weeks again.

Then we went to see Dr. Kream about his lungs.   He also says that Dick is in pretty good shape.   We are adding a couple of things and adjusting others but he is pretty well pleased with Dick's progress.

Home again.

Nik from A& J Mobility had one of his clients  bring his van over so that Dick could try the actual seat.   Imagine my delight when the client was Norm Fenner, one of my high school classmates.   Nik was sure relieved when we gave each other a big hug and were happy to see each other.  Like he said, sharing equipment can be touchy, but Norm and I were glad to share.

The seat is too short, meaning that Dick's knees are too close to the dash.   There is a new seat available.  Nik is working on getting one of  them  for Dick to try.   We told him, we can't be Guinea Pigs.   He agreed.   Naturally, this may cost more, but if it is a permanent fix, Who cares.  As long as it fits into the budget.

Well,  The girls are here from Embrace.   So I don't have to worry about Dick until it is time to cath him.   What a nice way to end the evening.

Tomorrow is shopping AND we are having the carpets cleaned.   They are SO bad.   I have not had the downstairs done for at least two years so this year will have EVERYTHING cleaned.  It will be good to have it all done.  I have been spit and polishing for long enough.

Bless you and yours

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: