Thursday, May 03, 2012

What a good day. We had a disturbed night. Dick had to get up twice, but with Greta from Embrace here at 7AM, I was able to go back to bed for a while. I did not have to go anywhere today. I am still exhausted and a day at home was a blessing. Dick seems very much in the now the past day or two. This is again a blessing. When I got up, I went downstairs and worked on clearing things up from my current quilting projects. The area is now quite acceptable for guests. As Suzi will be there this weekend this makes me feel good. She wouldn't care, I know, but I do. Ad next week I can start deciding which projects I want to start on next. I have pretty much dropped out of Quilt Club and Writer's Club but intend to keep on writing and quilting. We ate very good. We had Teriaki Steak, rice and salad for dinner and a hot dog with beans for supper. We certainly are spoiled. This weekend will be the celebration of Dick's 82nd birthday. We will have guests. Dick and Brenda will be here and Suzi, his niece, will also be here. I am planning to feed everybody on Sunday morning. I will fix an overnight casserole before they come on Saturday and I have fruit and nice breads for breakfast on Sunday morning for whoever can be here. I love having family here and it is so good for Dick. We just came back from a stroll around the tract. Dick met one of our newer neighbors, Peggy, and Don, next door helped us get out of a slight stuck spot. Now that summer is here, I hope to get him out often. Dia Dhuit M ary

No comments: