Sunday, April 29, 2012

Home again after my Celtic Women weekend. 

It was, of course, wonderful.    I arrived at The American Club at about 12:45PM in plenty of time for the board meeting.   Bobbie had brought Spanish Rice for our lunch so I was in fine shape until the Seafood Buffet the in the evening.

I left the gift bags and other things that I had with me for the room such as the flags of the Celtic Nations and my Brigid pieces and

After a successful board meeting, I drove to the Inn on Woodlake to check in and change for the evening festivities.   We were back at the American Club at 4ish for a cheese and sausage reception followed by a lovely meditation conducted by Janice Bieshke.   This put us in a relaxed but upbeat mood for the rest of the weekend.   Then we headed up to the Immigrant Room   ( ooo la la - the 5 start restaurant in the American Club.)   I had invited Bob Fleming to join us for dinner.   As he seems to be "balking" at telling me how much I should give him for the Brigid Icon that he painted for me, I think I will "pay him off" in this kind of thing.   He loves nice things and the Immigrant Room is special.   I was so gratified to see him so happy.    We had a wonderful Seafood buffet and great company and more people got to meet the artist that created the St. Bridget.

I  will continue this tomorrow, as Dick and I are about to head to bed.   I need a good night's sleep in my own bed next to my dear husband.   Earlier this afternoon  he asked me where I was sleeping tonight.    I told him that I would be sleeping in the bed next to him.   He grinned from ear to hear and said  "Hot damn!"   Boy did I feel special.

Til tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: