Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A nicely paced day to home.   It was sunny and the wind has finally died down (thought we would blow away last night.) but it was chilly all day.   I have even heard rumors of snow coming on Friday.    Hope they are just rumors.

As I say, the day was well paced.   We had the morning mostly to ourselves.    I did get several phone calls which triggered me having to Make phone calls.  Some communication is still pending for tomorrow.

I spent the morning filling the blessing bags that I am gifting for the CWI Gathering at the end of the month.

At 11AM or so, I got a call from my friend, Kathy.  She was on her way back to Kewaskum and wondered if I was up to a visit.  Of Course I Was.   So we had a cup of tea and I was able to go over the workings of the Celtic Perpetual Calendar that Cindy Matyi and Dolores Whelan designed.  I love having company.

Then Nancy from the VNA came to give him his bath, followed closely by Betty a RN who was re certifying him for an extension of their care.   With the procedure yesterday, it should be no problem.   At least until I can be trained as to the aftercare required from that procedure.

We ate our lunch, beer stew salad and boiled potatoes, then Neil from Steger came to do the spring inspection of the Air Conditioner.   Everything was great there so we are good for another year.

Then the afternoon was quiet.   We had leftovers for dinner.  I had TWO hard boiled eggs left so made four deviled eggs to accompany our supper.   One of Dick's favorite things.

Kay arrived at 6:30PM to be with Dick and put him to bed.   I went out for an hour.   I drove over to 52 Stafford to try to touch base with Shawn O Dwanny.   He was not working but I found out that I should be able to call him at about 5PM tomorrow.   So I had a glass of wine and came home.

Dick was not in bed but just finishing up his last pre bed things.   He is tucked in now.   He had a rather rough afternoon.   We played a couple hands of Rummy but he did not want to finish the game.  It was too hard to concentrate.   Yet - he wants to be DOING something.   So I will continue to try to find things.

Til tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary 



"The test of an adventure is that when you're in the middle of it, you say to yourself, 'Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home.' And the sign that some thing's wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure." by Thornton Wilder

No comments: