Monday, April 16, 2012

Boy am I glad that this day is coming to an end.  I got up at 5AM to get my shower.  I woke Dick up then too.   We were able to be ready when Tim from Custom Care came to pick us up for the trip to the hospital.

We checked in at 7AM and Dr. Herman did his procedure shortly after 8:30AM.    All went well.   I am glad that we will be having help for the next couple of weeks as there is a lot to learn.  He should be pretty much healed in a week, then we will get on to the next step.

Neither one of us slept very well last night, so bed will be doubly welcome tonight.

I did get a bit upset by one thing.    I told them when they called with instructions that Dick could not stand to transfer from bed to chair or back.    Three nurses managed to get him to the bed, but they almost dropped him getting him back in the chair.   And he was hooked up to the Foley then.   They had to call for security for more help.    I was not happy and Dick was very uncomfortable and I think a bit scared.   I find it hard to believe that hospitals cannot accommodate disabled patients with safety.

There I have spouted off.   

Anyway, he is safely home and we will be fine.   I have lots of help tomorrow so feel pretty good about that.

I am preparing beer stew in the crock pot for dinner tomorrow.

It was SO windy today.   The sound was something else around the house.   It was really pretty watching it out the windows at the end of the living room though.   The lilacs are full of blooms.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: