Thursday, April 19, 2012

Another busy day in this house.   A lot of caregivers in and out.  Roxie hardly bothers to glance at them anymore.

Gretl came at 7:30AM to help Dick get up and fed and all.   I worked on the wall hanging until about 8:30AM.  Then I drove to Advance Eye Care as they had called to tell me that my lenses were ready.   When I got there they found that the lenses sent from the lens distributor were too small, not what was ordered at all.   So I will wait for another phone call in about a week an try again.

Then I stopped at the Sewing Basket to show the people there the wall hangings.    I will be taking pictures, I already have some of St. Bridget, but in person is kind of nice.  Next

I stopped at 52 Stafford and had the nicest visit with a gal named Keri who works there.   Sean had promised me a free night certificate for the drawing or raffle at our Gathering at the end of the month.   Keri got it ready for me and is very interested in CWI.

Finally, I walked across the street to the Exchange Bank for a cappuccino.   As I was waiting, a gentleman asked me how my day was going.   I told him truly that it was wonderful so far and we talked for a bit.   I told him about my wall hanging as I am so excited about it and as you know I gush.   He added my cappuccino to his bill to make my day even better.    A random act of kindness or friendship.   I must remember to be aware of returning that joy to someone else.

Home again.   Dick was up and at his desk.   Pretty alert, but he had not had his breakfast.   I think he waits for me.    Not a good thing.    Gretl ended up giving him his breakfast anyway.    She did some washing and the dishes for me also.

Betty the RN from VNA came a bit after 10AM and took Dick's INR.   His count is still 1.4 so he will have to be tested again next Thursday.   He is still having discomfort in his lung when he breaths deeply.   There are no other symptoms at all.   No fever, no excessive coughing, nothing.   So unless he feels the need, we are kind of waiting to see if perhaps it is related to the procedure he had and will go away.   Dr. Sharon said that if it gets really bad, we should c
all the ambulance and to to ER.

 Mary from PT came this morning too.   She determined that here is little more she has to offer us but will come back next week to see if there is any progress and review her information.

So when she left, Dick was a tired boy.   We had a nice lunch and then he went down for a nap.  I rested then too.  Couldn't sleep, so I got up and worked a bit more on the wall hanging.   I just need to edge and label it.   Yea.   That is manageable.   These days go by SO fast.    I can't believe that tomorrow is Friday already. 

Until tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary


"Do not look at physical appearances, they can be deceiving.  Do not look at riches for they are only temporary.  Look for someone who makes you smile because sometimes it only takes a smile to brighten up a very dark day.  Look for someone who makes your heart sing."  from and email.

No comments: