Wednesday, March 07, 2012

A lot happened AGAIN today.   I did stay go back to bed after feeding Roxie for an extra half an hour.    I was so tired because it was one of those nights when you know you must have slept but can't for the life of you believe that you did.

After I got Dick up and settled with his pills and all, I took off for grocery shopping and a side trip to Walgreens.  Home before 9:30AM, we had the donuts I bought for our breakfast.  We were able to get Dick's hair washed today before Bobbie got here for lunch at 11:30AM.    All went well, and we loaded him up in the car to go to have Marty at Wisconsin Prosthesis do some adjustments on his right leg, the new one.    This was the first time that he was able to see Dick actually take some steps in it as he has been so weak and out of breath at the other fittings that he had to kind of do an educated guess.   Sara, Dick's PT, met us at the place and she and Marty were able to share their expertise for the adjustments.    I was so grateful to Sara for coming and Marty was so pleased too as they got to collaborate.

Sara will come tomorrow for his regular PT also.   Marty gave me a spray to use to clean the sockets and some lotion for the stumps.   Neither has alcohol so will be easier on his skin.

We got home at about 2:30.   Ashley, the RN, came at 3PM and checked Dick out.   Then she watched me give him that  shot that I have been dreading.    It went well and actually, Dick said that I didn't even hurt him.  Andrea hurt him yesterday.    Now I have several more days of that.  I have really learned more than I want to know.

Tomorrow was supposed to be a whole day at home but we will have to go out just once to have Dr. Cheryl check Dick's lens.  I got it put in the day before yesterday and it is just not right.   That too!

Roxie was especially delighted to see Bobbie today and demanded lots of love and petting.    They both enjoy it you know.  

It was as high as 69 degrees today.  A full on spring day.   It was a might cloudy and the wind was what I would call blustery but guess what, the snow is all gone.    That is always nice in March.   I hope it stays away at least through The Holy Day, March 17th so that we may march in peace and with God's own sun lighting our way.

I can see a few little green things trying to poke their heads above ground already.   Imbolc is finally upon us.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: