Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I have been pretty tired and the ribs are still very sore today.   But Dick and I muddled through OK.   I rested as much as possible.

Dick is still extremely tired.  Falling asleep at every opportunity.   Today was rather hard on him too.   Nancy, the health aid, came to give him his bath at 11AM.   Sara the PT came to do therapy at 11:30AM.   And we had Angela, an RN. came to give him the first of a series of shots that will be a bridge while he is still off of the warfarin.  

Here is my tale of woe.  I spent a hunk of the morning trying to figure out what happened with the results of the blood test that Yvonne took yesterday.    I finally got the results from the Anti-coagulation Clinic and called them in MYSELF to Dr. Kreams office.   They discussed things and have scheduled the thoracentesis for Friday.   We have to get him to the hospital at 9:45AM.   I don't know what time the actual procedure will take place.

Then I was told that he would probably just stay off of the Warfarin until Friday evening, UNTIL, I got a call from the anti coagulation clinic that they decided, because of his several conditions that he should have these bridge shots of Lominox until the day of the surgery and for several days after.    Angela came today and administered the shot and had me observe.   Someone will come tomorrow to assist me, but I will give the shot and will administer all of the rest of them.     I am not thrilled, but one does what one has to do.

I did go out to the Kettle Country Quilt meeting and stayed for an hour, then I dropped old pills at the police station, stopped at Advanced Eye care to get Dick's lens replaced, cashed a couple of checks at the bank and picked up a couple of prescriptions at Walgreens, including the syringes of Lominox for Dick.   I got home at 3PM and Angela called at about 3:30PM and got here about an hour later.

We had soup and sandwiches for supper and now are winding down for the evening.  I just have to be sure that Dick does his last nebuliser treatments and takes his pills.   I have to set up my coffee pot. AND I have to get tomorrow's pills laid out for both of us.

Ha HA!   I had to get up to help Dick and everything is done now.   So I think I will go to bed and read until 8:30PM.  It is now 7PM.   I know I will be getting up a couple of times for Dick before I can get to sleep anyway.   He is having quite a difficult day.

So until tomorrow, when we will have been to the prosthesist for adjustments to Dick's legs.   The new one is so loose and needs much work, I think.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

NEW WORD – Ineptocracy
        A little hard to say – extremely hard to swallow
Ineptocracy (in-ep-tow'-cra-cee) - a system of government
where the least capable to lead are elected by the least
capable of producing, and where the members of society
least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded
with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth
of a diminishing number of producers.
            

No comments: