Friday, February 03, 2012

It was rather gloomy and dank today.  Not too cold but it felt cold because of the dampness and clouds.

I got up just before 7AM and kind of rushed around a bit as Jody comes to clean at 8AM.   We were just finishing breakfast when she got here.   I fried some bacon because it is good AND because I needed bacon grease to cook our noon pork chops in.   I sometimes like to fry them in bacon grease with fresh garlic and black pepper.   Nummy.   We had mashed potatoes, diced tomatoes and a salad of watermelon and cottage cheese with the pork chops. 

Andrea came to give Dick his bath right after lunch.    I had hoped to get Dick's closet gone through but he wasn't interested so I cleaned the cheese drawer in the fridge and the cupboards above the washer and dryer.

I also got quite far on the quilt that is almost done.

I am almost ready with the taxes.  I called to find out about two forms that I am missing and should have them by the end of next week.  Well, before my appointment with Mark.   We have scads and scads of medical this year.   I still feel better with him doing them because of the newness of my taking the draw on my 401K and all the medical.

I went to Rhine with Warren and Nancy to shoot pistol league.   I was better than last week but still well below what I finished at last league.   I don't know if it is because of the aches in my arms or just lack of concentration.   Oh. Well.   I will keep plugging at it and will probably get it back in a week or two.

I am now watching Who Do You Think You Are- Ancestry's program of celebrities searching for their roots.   I hope it inspires me to get back to work on my tree.    It has been months since I was regularly working on it and I am home more now.   I also have to do some followup for my cousin David Bowser.   He sent a picture of Ed Bowser,  A great Great Great uncle (I think).  David is so good at genealogy but does not do computers.

So I will be signing off as I still have to set up Dick's pills for tomorrow and then get ready for bed.

I love you all and hope your first few days of February were as pleasantly uneventful as mine.

Dia Dhuit.

Mary

No comments: