Sunday, January 29, 2012

A beautiful day in the neighborhood.   The temperatures never got over 25 degrees, but no wind and Lots of sun.  There is a lot of melting going on.

I worked the morning just at home getting things in order.   Then at 10AM I left to got to Mother's.   Irene, a beautician, came to her house to give her a permanent.   I stayed until 11:30AM, then Donna walked over to be there for the rest of it.  Mom was getting pretty tired, but she will feel so much better with her hair done.   That is such an uplift.

I cam home, stopping at St. John's to pick up a couple of brats from the KC Winter Brat Fry for our lunch.  Then I took a nap,  pinned the front and the back of a quilt together and wrote a couple of notes that needed to be done.

So it has been a fairly quiet day and I am glad of it.    This week is a bit quieter so hopefully I won't get as worn out as I have been.

I called Nora to wish her a happy birthday tonight.  I is always so good to talk to her.   They will probably be home for St. Patrick's day and I hope to be able to host them for a brunch or dinner or lunch or whatever.   Then they can spend some time with Dick too.

So a new week is under way - let us go forward with hope and excitement for what lies ahead.

God love you

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: