Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This is the first weekday in such a long time, that we have not had someone coming in to work with Dick in some capacity.   That was kind of nice, as much as we appreciate and need these wonderful health workers.

We finally got tumbled out of bed and ready to face the world today at about 8AM.

I had a dentist appointment at 11:00AM so left at about 10:00AM to do several errands.   I had to pick up a prescription and some other things at Walgreens, go to the bank and stop at The Sewing Basket for thread and some fabric for a wall hanging that is developing in my brain.   A vision, you know.   Dick worries about my visions.

The dentist appoint went well.  My teeth and gums are healthy, but I promised to get back to the water pick as I had been having some gum bleeding in the past couple of weeks.  Good thing the rest of my mouth health is good.   I am a regular flossier and brusher so that should count for something.

Home again, we had a nice quiet afternoon.   I washed Dick's hair and took a nap.

Now we are heading into the night time and the time to sleep and refresh our souls.

I am going to copy a poem by Elizabeth Barret Browning that I found on Garrison Keillor's site.  I took it to Bible Study for our prayer and you may find it inspirational also.

Love you all
Dia Dhuit

Mary


Going to Heaven

Going to heaven!
I don't know when,
Pray do not ask me how,--
Indeed, I'm too astonished
To think of answering you!
Going to heaven!--
How dim it sounds!
And yet it will be done
As sure as flocks go home at night
Unto the shepherd's arm!

Perhaps you're going too!
Who knows?
If you should get there first,
Save just a little place for me
Close to the two I lost!
The smallest "robe" will fit me,
And just a bit of "crown";
For you know we do not mind our dress
When we are going home.

I'm glad I don't believe it,
For it would stop my breath,
And I'd like to look a little more
At such a curious earth!
I am glad they did believe it
Whom I have never found
Since the mighty autumn afternoon
I left them in the ground.
"Going to Heaven" by Emily Dickinson. Public domain.

No comments: