Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This will be short and sweet.   

I had an appointment with Dr. Leben, the physiatrist, who gave me the results of my back MRI.   She did find an area of concern and a slight curvature which can be treated.   We are starting by having me take a medicine for the nerve called Gabapentin.   I will take it for 3 or 4 weeks to see if it will be useful.  The other option is a cortisone shot and I really don't want to do that.   Time will tell and I sure hope that this will help.

I went right from there to JMKAC to bring a flag, some CDs and some pictures to Danika, who is in charge of the Irish Family Day.   We discussed other needs to and had a great conversation.    I got home at noon and prepared tuna sandwiches with potato salad for our lunch.

We finished before Rachel, the RN from VNA, came to check Dick over.    We are pleased with the way the wounds are healing.   She made note of the bladder infection and will be here a week from Friday to take blood tests and to collect a urine sample to be sure that he does not need more treatment.

Then I napped for an hour.   I spent the rest of the afternoon kind of trying to get caught up on computer work.   I STILL have a lot to do there.

At 6:30PM, I left and picked up Kate to go to Fr. Van Beek's last "Evening with the Pastor", his adult education project.   He will be retiring in a few months and I really wanted to be at this evening.   He does such a nice presentation, tonight talking about prayer and Faith and trust.   He also is starting to get us used to the idea of accepting a new priest when the time comes.   He wants the transition to be good for him, and for the man who takes over and for us as the congregation that will welcome him. 

By the way, did you read that Timothy Dolan, our previous Archbishop is going to be a Cardinal.    I am not surprised and am very pleased.   He is a good man.

So I am home and going to be going "up the wooden hill to four corners" soon.   Have you ever heard that expression.   Mother used to say that to us when it was time for bed.

Love and Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: