Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This was a very busy day.    I did get to sleep until 7AM.  The night was short.  I did not finally get to sleep until almost 11PM.   But those hours were pretty good.

I spent the early part of the morning finishing phone calls and emails that I have been behind on.   I did most of the cooking for the Chili Mac that we had for lunch and got Dick's hair washed.   That is a good way for him to be exercising too as he has to stand by the sink and balance while I do the washing.

Bobbie got here at about 10AM.  We had two batches of wine (mine - Marigold and Marigold/Current) to rack and two batches of wine(hers - both beet - one with brown sugar, one with white) to filter.   That took a bit.  My brother Jeff came at about 11AM to fix a door jam that had been knocked off.   He is so good.  He told me to call if I needed help so I did.    Can one ask for better relatives than that?
He was on his way to Mom's.  He intended to take her out for a walk.   Eileen brought a wheel chair and with today SO beautiful, it seems like the perfect day to get fresh air.  

I even opened the deck door for Roxie for a bit.

Dick had his appointment with the prosthesist.   We have a new one, as Tim has moved on to another company.  His name is Marty and he seems to be very nice.   He casted Dick's left stump and we should have the semi final prosthesis in two weeks.   Boy will that be a relief.   We are using way too much ply for the padding on the temporary one.

So, I have washed all day and still have one more load to go.   I am tired and going to bed very early.  I can read and relax.   Dick can just call as he needs me to help him.

Take care of you.   We are supposed to be getting a pretty good winter storm tomorrow.    I am glad that I do not have to go anywhere and feel sorry for the health aids that are coming to care for Dick.

Dia dhuit

Mary

No comments: