Thursday, January 12, 2012

A day at home.   I was glad that it turned out that way, as a winter storm was and perhaps is coming in.    There was no appreciable snow until after noon, but it does seem to be accumulating now.

I slept until almost 8AM.  Would have stayed in longer but I was starting to ache.   Dick slept until 10AM and I had to wake him up.   I was a bit concerned because he should be eating at somewhat regular intervals.    So far his sugar counts have been just fine, but we don't want to mess up a good thing.

I finished a big project for CWI today and cleaned up the kitchen.  Jody always finishes it, but there are certain things that she doesn't do, like bleach the sink every so often.

The new litter box for Roxie arrived today.    The old one finally broke enough pieces that I decided to replace it.    I got a rolly polly one that supposedly will, when I roll it put all the Icky stuff into a container that I just have to pull out and throw away.     I like that better than scooping.   It will be interesting to see how Roxie takes to it.  I cleaned the area really deep, vacuuming the carpet and the edges and washing the plastic pad and place mats that I keep under the box.   I put her old litter in it so she should be all right.

Sara came at 12:30PM to put Dick through his paces.   He did pretty will and she is going to see about an extension to the trapeze on his bed.   We should get the bed pull up tomorrow and these things will make it easier for him to sit up in bed unassisted.   Good for him and good for me.

We took the decorations off the tree this evening so that Jody can help me pack up and take the tree downstairs tomorrow.    Then next week, she can help me take down all the Santa Clauses and clean the top of the cupboards.   

Tomorrow I will be able to stay home all day too.   If it is OK, I would like to go to shoot pistol, but I can go out Sunday afternoon, if I need to.   Don't want to get too far behind.

Snow is still falling.  Should make for a nice night for sleeping.

I hope your night is peaceful too.  

Dia Dhuit.

Mary

No comments: