Friday, January 13, 2012

Another day at home.  Mostly.

I had to get up at 6AM though because Dick got up then.    I might have been able to sleep some more
BUT  By the time we got him assembled and ready to go to his desk and doling out his meds, I was pretty much out of the mood.    Also, since Jody comes at 8AM, I would have had to get up in an hour anyway.

So I just got up.   I showered, fixed breakfast, emptied the new litter box for the first time.    Did I tell you we got a new one?    It is a roll and empty model and works quite well.  The old one had lost its clips a couple of years ago and when the handle broke the other day, I decided it was time to upgrade.   Roxie had no trouble adjusting.    I put it in the same spot and used the same litter as I had just changed it all on Tuesday, so she felt comfortable.   Maybe she can see that it is an upgrade.

I did some quilt preparation this morning and did a lot of wash.

Sara, the PT, came shortly after lunch and put Dick through his paces.   He did very well.    He had already walked once this morning so got a second walk and lots of balancing exercises.   A very good day.    I hope it tired him out a lot for tonight's sleep.

Tomorrow Andrea, the home health aide, will come to bathe him.   That is such a help for me.    We can wash his hair easily enough and it is good therapy too as he stands by the sink and I do the washing.

I took a nap after Sara left.    Needed it after the short night's sleep and the busy morning.   Then Nancy and Warren picked me up to go to pistol league.     It actually started last week.   I missed the first week, but that will be OK.   So I saw lots of my friends at the club.    I did not renew my membership this year because I don't feel that I can commit the time that is needed to be a member.   But I can still shoot pistol and I really do enjoy that.

My first target was not too bad,  the other two were a disappointment, but I find that my arm was tired.  I must practice building up stability and strength so that won't happen any more.

Tomorrow, the only place I have to go is to Mass at 4PM, and Andrea is coming at 10AM so it will be a comparatively quiet day.   I have been able to keep the weekends quiet lately.    That will end with this weekend though.   Things will start to happen next weekend, starting with the Family Irish day next weekend.

I am going to make biscotti tomorrow.    I have a really easy recipe that you make with a cake mix.   I'll put it in tomorrow.

Time to get ready for bed now so good rest to you all and good rest to me also.

Dia Dhuit.

Mary

No comments: