Friday, November 25, 2011

This was a long and busy day. The early morning was actually pretty peaceful.   I got up at about 6:30AM so that I could get ready for the day and be ready to fix breakfast for Richard, Brenda and me before we headed on our journeys.

I headed to Mom's house, via Rocky Knoll where I had left my purse, to help butcher the three deer that the deer hunting party had harvested this year.

Richard and Brenda headed to Madison, via Rocky Knoll to see Dick and Evans in Kiel just for fun.

I arrived at Mom's house at about 9:45AM.   Randy, Jeff and Lee had two of the deer already skinned and were beginning to quarter them.    Bobbie came in right after I did, and so did Jason and Cory and we all got to work.  Cory's son Rhett, who is about 10 stayed with his Dad and helped with the trimming and cutting up of the meat.   He really wants to be able to go hunting with his Dad.

It was a really nice day.   We worked awfully hard but it is a good feeling for Bobbie and me to do this.   It is a chance for us to be with our buddies, even if we have stopped hunting and they can really use our help.    We were done at between 3:30 and 4PM.   Without us they would be at least and hour or two longer.    Since we all have a great time it is definitely a win win for all.

Bobbie and I got to hear Lee tell his tale of how he bagged his first buck this year.   Not his first deer but his first BUCK.   So he is excited to have a nice rack to mount and is going to have gloves made out of the hide for he and his wife.   Nice touch.

I came home and put the meat in the freezer than went to Rocky Knoll to have supper with Dick.

Now it is time to go to bed.   Bret just called and we had a super talk.    I miss my kids that are so far away.   Thank heavens Richard and Brenda and Bobbie and Bill are closer.    AND   Jim and Michelle will be home for Christmas too.

God love you

Mary

No comments: