Monday, November 21, 2011

A busier than usual Monday.    At least the weather was with me.    It never got above the mid 40s but there was no wind and some sun.   I find that kind of a Fall day, quite acceptable.

I had to leave at about 8:30 so that I could pick up something for Mother and get to Bible Study on time.   There were 9 of us there today.     We had a wonderful discussion of the Psalms as they relate to today.   Why they still relate.   People don't change much and the lessons are there for the taking.   We still are fascinated by Kings.   The Jewish people still think they have a Promised Land, not realizing the heaven is really the Promised Land.

Then I went to Mom's for my Monday visit.   She is looking good.    I understand that she had one of her weak spells on Saturday, but she knew it was coming and sat down immediately.    I am so proud of her.   And she is taking it easy just to be sure. 

Next, I dropped off the cookies that I baked for the Plymouth Historical Society Cookie sale and then continued on to the Exchange Bank to have lunch with Peggy and Kate.    We had a lovely lunch and visit and I picked up Alterra Coffee so that I have good coffee for Thanksgiving.  I could only eat half the sandwich so had the rest at Rocky Knoll with Dick for supper.    

I got to Rocky Knoll at about 3PM.    We had time to play a game of rummy before supper.   Dick was a bit weak today, but I hope a good night's sleep will perk him up.

I got home finally at 6PM to a very irritated Roxie.   After she was fed and cuddled, she settled down and is just glad that I am here.

So.   Tomorrow will be a little bit quieter but still quite busy and I will be getting things ready for our Thanksgiving dinner.    I sure do love to cook.

God love you


Mary


Hi Lord, its me.    We are getting older and things are getting bad here. Gas prices are too high, no jobs, food and heating costs too high. I know some have taken you out of our schools, government and even Christmas, but Lord I'm asking you to come back and re-bless America . We really need you!    There are more of us who want you than those who don't! Thank You Lord, I Love you.    If you agree, send it on---if not just delete. Only you & the Lord will know.    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."

 
 

No comments: