Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It was cold today.    It is supposed to be warming up for Thanksgiving though.   They are saying that it will get to the upper 50s on Thursday and that it will be sunny and dry.    Good deal, except that they might have to ice down the deer for the day.

I told you that there are three, didn't I?   Bobbie and I will go to help butcher on Friday morning.   Jeff said that we have to hear Lee tell how he got his very first buck.   He has gotten deer before but not a buck til now.

I had a chiropractor appointment at 9:40AM.   He worked on my muscles this time and I will go to see him again in a week and a half while continuing the exercises that he has me doing twice a day.

Then I went to Rocky Knoll so that I could have lunch with Dick.   Tim from Wisconsin Prosthesis had been there to check his left leg.   Dick has gotten a couple of blisters and nobody can figure out why.    Tim, the therapist and the nurses all agree that they don't think it is the prosthesis, so they have contacted Dr. Sharon to see how we should proceed from here.

He had therapy at 1:30PM so I was able to be there for that.   Then we went to On the Rocks for our date.   Kim Losse, brought me the flag that had been in the picture slot where they now have Dick's picture on the wall of honor.  I asked if I could keep the flag and they said sure.  

Home again, I am getting some things ready for Thursday.   I can hardly wait to have Everybody here Including Dick.

Got to tell you what happened last night.    I went to bed at about 9PM.   I spent a part of the evening going in and out of the garage getting the trash ready.    Roxie did not come to bed with me which surprised me as she usually joins me when I crawl in but she is an independent little creature and I assumed that perhaps she wanted to be alone.   When I woke up at about 4AM and she was still not there, I thought I had better check.   I couldn't find her so I started looking in closets and downstairs.   Then I heard a rather frantic meow or two and by golly, that little snip must have sneaked past me when I was taking trash out and there she was.   She had been there for about 7 hours in the dark.     I doubt if she learned anything.   Now I have to add one more check to my night.    Be sure to know where the cat is.

God love you

Mary

No comments: