Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Snow.    It started coming down when I was at the Roadside Inn with my fellow 1958 graduates. 

My plan today was to stay home until lunch at 11:30, then go to Rocky Knoll.   So I did bill paying etc and washed all the sheets and started working on my Football League.   Then drove to the Roadside as planned.    Had a nice visit and lunch with a good number of my fellow graduates and their spouses.   I ordered a Gyro, I had not had one in years and it looked good.   Was good too.   I have half for lunch tomorrow.

When we left, it was rain,snow, sleeting like crazy.   I WAS planning on going to Rocky Knoll anyway but when I got onto the road it was already slushy, so I called Dick and we decided that it would be best if I just came home.  So I did and we are both safe and sound and off the road.    The grass is almost white and there is at least an inch, perhaps more on the deck railings.   Pretty impressive for a first snow.

I was able to lie down for a rest as I was home early enough.  Couldn't sleep, but did unwind.  Then I went down into the den to do a little more on my quilting projects.

Now, Roxie is very irritated with me as I am NOT feeding her.   She still has not accepted daylight savings time.  She still has to wait for 20 more minutes.    At least she has stopped poking at me at 4AM.   She is back to 5.

That is all the news today.    I think I mentioned that Jim and Michelle are coming for Christmas.    They are coming by bus which will put the driving on and expert.   That will be a nice blessing.  I look for the day we can ALL be together.  But to have 8 of us at the table will just makes me feel SO good.

God love you


Mary

No comments: