Friday, November 11, 2011

It was a cold day but the sun shone and the promised wind did not blow so it was tolerable.

I left at about 8:30Am for my chiropractor appointment which was at 9:20AM.   I had time to go to Aurora Superior to pick up some supplies that Mother needed too.   I knew she was getting low and decided to get them and drop them at her house on the way to Rocky Knoll.

My appointment with Dr. Holmes went quite well.    He is pleased with my progress and has given me another exercise to do.   I will not see him for a week and a half which is good.   I am healing.

I had a nice visit with Mom when I brought her the supplies.

I got to Rocky Knoll in the middle of Dick's therapy.   He walked and moved from his wheel chair to another chair and back.   So it was a very successful day.  After lunch we went to the main activity room for a special celebration for the resident veterans.  It was a great ceremony.   The Plymouth High School chorus provided music,  Representative Mike Endsley,  Representative Steve Kestell and Senator Joe Leibham were all there to express their admiration for the veterans.  I saw several members of the Legion that I know.    Don Blake, Greg Ziegler and Ed Schroeder.   They had a 21 gun salute at the end of the program.   I was impressed and Dick has his name, branch of service and a list of his medals on a plaque on the honor wall in the entry.   I was so pleased for him.   I will bring a picture to put with the plaque.  Dick really liked it.

Then we went to On the Rocks for our Friday afternoon "date."   That was very pleasant since I won't see him for two days.    I left right after On the Rocks was over, finished packing and got things ready for tomorrow.

Jim and Michelle called.    They are excited about coming and had just talked to Dick.    He needs that contact.   It helps keep his spirits up.

Then I got dressed for Bill and Shirley's wedding.   It was a lovely wedding.   She was beautiful and he was handsome.    I was surprised at how many of my friends are friends of Bill's, besides the writers group.  We met their families, most of them had part in the ceremony.    Their grandchildren are cute as buttons.   A nice ceremony, they wrote their own vows.    Then we had a nice chicken dinner with veggies, stuffing and mashed potatoes.

I left just before 9 so that I can finish this, call Dick and get to bed for some sleep before that 5AM getting up time that will come way too soon.    You will not hear from me until Sunday evening.   Think of me Sunday when I present my poetry in the Literary Salon.

God love you and Good NIght.

Mary

No comments: