Monday, November 07, 2011

A rather UP day for a change.    I left before 9AM for Bible Study.    My bible study group, and there were 8 of us in attendance today, let me do a short preview of the talk that I will be giving at IBAM next weekend.   I so appreciated their help.   We have such a supportive group in prayer and just plain caring.  

Then I went to visit Mother.   She always says that she is "just the same."   But as we visit she always perks up and we end up having great visits.    Today, I filled her medicine box for the week and paid a couple of bills and we still had time for a nice visit remembering Ginny Rammer, whose wake I attended on Saturday, and all the wonderful times we had in the old neighborhood on Pinehurst Court all those years ago.  

She remembered a story that I had heard before but shows the difference in our lives today as they were then.   Randy was just a little guy and had gone out to play in the yard.   Mom went out to check on him and he was gone.   The neighbor saw her and called her over.   The husband in that household was a night worker and slept during the day.   The wife took Mom into their bedroom and there was Randy, sound asleep on her side of the bed .   The two women just  laughed and when Randy woke up from his nap, the woman brought him home.

 I love that trust.   Today we do not seem to trust anybody.  But what a tender moment to know that if a little guy gets tired he can take a nap with a Dad, who may not be his own , but knows that little guys need their rest can do so.

I made it to Rocky Knoll just in time for lunch.   Dick was already in the lunch room so I think he had given up on me.    I took a bit of a nap on his bed after lunch and then we played Rummy before I came home.

So this is the day.   Tomorrow he goes to see the Eye doctor in the morning.   I have to rearrange the schedule again.    I figure that I will take a bread after the  doctor appointment to do the grocery shopping and then go back so that I will be there for his afternoon therapy and that  we can have our Date at 3PM at on the rocks.

I am winding down.  I will watch Dancing with the Stars and then go to bed.

Have a great week.

God love you

Mary

No comments: