Saturday, October 15, 2011

The wind blew cold all day.   Clouds were shooting across the sky so fast that if they had any rain in them they would not have been able to let any fall.   It was sunny however.   The wind had finally died down this evening.  Now we will see what is in store for tomorrow.

I cut up a pineapple and a cantaloupe that I bought this week into a really good salad.   I took some for lunch today and a bowl for Dick to snack on.  As it was Saturday, there was no therapy.    Dick wanted to go out for a walk.   We went down the hill and back up and he had enough.   I am not surprised with that wind.   I was more surprised that he wanted to go out at all.

I came home at about 2:30PM so that I could relax a bit and get ready for dinner.   Bobbie and Bill joined me tonight.  It was liver and onion night for Bobbie and me.   I prepared a bacon cheeseburger for Bill.   We all enjoyed fried potatoes and corn and Chess Pie for dessert.    What a great evening.   It is so nice to have people in the house and such good company too.  Boy was that liver ever good and we have enough for sandwiches and I'll be able to take some to Mom too.

I saw a bit of an interview with the two children who are in the new Dolphin movie that is out.    It reminded me of a trip to Marine Land that Bret and Bart and I made with Uncle Jim and I can't remember who else.  Bart was about 3 years old.    At that time you could buy fish and feed them to the dolphins in the big aquariums.  Bart took his fish and held it over the rail.   One of the dolphins rose up out or the water and literally enveloped Bart's whole arm in his mouth.   Those teeth are at least two inches long and that mouth is BIG.   I just gasped in shock.   Then the dolphin sank back into the water and on his way down plucked that fish right out of those little fingers without even brushing his skin anywhere.    What beautiful gentle creatures they are.   Bart was delighted and said.   "He kissed my fingers."

God love you.

Mary

No comments: