Friday, October 14, 2011

It was cold today.   The temperatures were in the high 50s but there was a biting angry wind that entered my bones every time I set foot outdoors.

I finished Dick's wash and got it all folded and ready to go this morning.   I went over to Rocky Knoll a bit earlier than usual so that we could discuss with Corrie the goals for the next couple of weeks.    What we need to do is make sure that Dick can get himself up from the chair to the walker by himself, turn to transfer to bed and to the bathroom and put on his prosthesis by himself if I am not immediately available for some reason.  We are all on the same page now.    Next week, Corrie will work with him in his room and hopefully be able to bring the CNAs in to know what to do to help him outside of therapy.    He is making quite a distance walking with the walker.   We are going to try to walk tomorrow.  Just he and I, by going to the therapy department.   Then if the therapists will just help me get him up we can practice.    We are trying to avoid actual unnecessary therapy if we can because we have to pay a copay for each session.

I left at about 2PM.   Came home and sewed a bit before napping for about 45 minutes.    I was just plain tired and Nancy and Warren were picking me up at 4:45PM for pistol league.    We all did pretty good.   I was really pleased with my second target and reasonably pleased with the other two.
I am going to miss the bust up because that is the evening that Shirley and Bill from the Writers Club are getting married and I will be going to that event.

So the day is done and I will soon go to bed.  I will end with a really nice Maxine that I read about a month a go.   "Personally I think that conservatives and liberals should move towards the middle of the road.   Makes it easier to run over them."

Love and God love you

Mary

No comments: