Sunday, September 04, 2011

Hi Happy People
At least I hope you are happy because I am in need of happy people right now.

Last night I slept quite well and woke up shortly before 8AM.   Just in time to have breakfast, shower, take care of household things and get to Rocky Knoll by 9AM.    Dick is very weak today but some of his functions have improved from yesterday. 

I went to Mass at 10AM,  I wheeled a lovely lady down to Mass.   This was her first Sunday here so she got a special blessing before I took her back.   Then as we were going into Woodland Village,  one of the therapists caught her and talked her into a session of OT.  

Dick and I had lunch together with Ernie, another resident.   Dick did not eat too well but did eat.   When we got back to his room he went back to bed and seems to be sleeping a lot.   I left at 2PM so that I can get some extra rest, but I am really concerned about him.   His voice is weak, which is that sign that something is wrong.  

The nurses are all aware that this is happening so I will see what is happening in the morning.  

In the meantime, I am trying to get to bed early so that I can get rested for the battle.

Roxie was so happy that I was home early and actually took a nap this afternoon.

God love you all
Mary

No comments: