Thursday, September 08, 2011

I feel a lot better today.   I don't know why but I will not question it.  

I got up and did some kitchen cleaning, some wash, some quilting and cleaned the oven.    I left a bit early to stop at Fleet Farm to try to find some new shirts for Dick as a couple of his current shirts are really getting worn.  Luckily, I was there at the changed of season and found three of a kind that he likes in the size 3X not 3XT so I took them all.    He liked them.

I got to Rocky Knoll to see the end of his OT and then join him and the "guys" - in this case just Bud and Fred as the other Ernie was out with his wife - for lunch.   Dick's appetite is still not good.   He ate about half of his meal today.   He said that he had an egg and toast and a piece of cheese for breakfast.   

After lunch the speech therapist, Susan, stopped in to remind him of the things he must do and the throat exercises that he should to to be sure that all the food goes down into the stomach instead of aspirating into the lungs.    Then he had his PT.   He was quite tired by then but did a great job anyway.   He even stood twice for longer than he had managed since he got the pneumonia.  

Today, he finally felt well enough to look at the pictures I took in Oklahoma and to look at the plans I brought back from a builder there.    This is a good sign as he is still much to weak to want to play games or go outside.

Tomorrow he has appointments with both Dr. Fehrman and Dr. Sharon.    I have a list of concerns to present.   He really is not rallying the way he should.    I know you are all praying for him and I just want you to know how much we rely on those prayers and your good thoughts.

Since I have been so repetative lately, I will insert one of my brother Matt's poems for you. 

Tree


it's busy head aloft in the sky
when the wind comes roaring
it will lean it's head and cry
it will cry until it's empty
of all it's tears & all it's grief,
and in it's final autumn of anquish
will shed leaf after lonely leaf.

He never used capital letters.

God love you

Mary

No comments: