Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Grocery shopping today.   So I got up before 7AM even if the bed felt oh so good.  Because of the holiday, today was trash day too, so I took that out before I went to the store.    I saw my neighbor Jean, and she mentioned that she has  a friend who has horses and uses old newspapers shredded.   So I will now give those to  Jean when the bag is full.   She is now adding her empty aluminum cans to mine outside my garage for the lady who comes around collecting them.
 
Guess what.   I bought Dick a pair of shoes today.     When Tim made the cast for the new prosthesis, he reminded me that we would need a new pair.   So, we decided to get a good pair rather than a cheap pair because we want it to last.    Fit, of course, is not a problem.   Tim said to get a size 10.   I went to Depke's in Sheboygan Falls.   My cousin Doug's wife, Caroline, was working.    She had not heard about Dick's second amputation but between her and the other workers, they found me a pair of "last year's" black size 10 Hush Puppy shoes.    They were half price, so I got a good deal and a pair of shoes that will last.   I have to bring a pair of socks too.   They will go tomorrow.

Then I stopped at Mother's with the blouse that I mended and a part of the beer bread that I baked.   She likes bread too and was almost out so my timing was good.

I got to Rocky Knoll just as Dick was getting ready to stand.   He was able to get up for a couple of minutes but is still very weak.   He is having trouble swallowing.   He did eat lunch,   a light lunch but he did eat.   When I called him tonight he said that he did not go down for supper.  Not good.   I am sure happy that we will be seeing Dr. Sharon on Friday.  I will be there when it is lunch time and will see what I can do.

I came home at about 4:00PM   Roxie was glad to see me.   Especially when I gave her a taste of sardine.    I remembered that I had a can and had a bit on a cracker for a snack.

I spent the afternoon cleaning up and preparing a veggie dip and cleaning carrots and celery for dipping.

Now it is time to wind down.   I did want to do a bit of sewing, but can get that done in the morning.   I do have a couple of pieces ready for applique that I can take with me to Rocky Knoll.   Dick is just too tired to play cards or review the things we want to talk about.

God love you
Mary

Love  it! This has got to be one of the greatest quotes  of all time. 
I thought this might make you smile. :-)
      ...conversation overheard on the VHF Guard  (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Europe to Dubai    . 

 Iranian Air Defense Site: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.' 
Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.' 
Air Defense Site: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!' 
Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter.  Send 'em up, I'll wait!' 
Air Defense Site: ( ... total silence)
 

God bless our troops.
There is something about a Marine that makes other countries listen to reason
. 

No comments: