Tuesday, September 06, 2011

A totally confusing day.

This morning I put a starter for a beer bread and the rest of the ingredients into the bread machine.    It is just excellent.   Moist with a nice crispy crust and a great flavor.     Next time I will substitute a bit of whole wheat flour.  I have been looking for a good Guiness yeast bread and now feel that I have found it.    I only needed part of the bottle of Guinness so I used the rest for that quick beer bread that Jacquie gave me the recipe for.   As I was all our of bread this is a good combo.

I went over to Rocky Knoll at about 8:30AM because I was intending to leave right after lunch to go the the Kettle Country Quilters meeting.   Then it turned out that Tim from Wisconsin Prosthesis came today at 1PM to cast Dick's left stump for the new prosthesis.   So I had to call Helen and tell her I was unable to come after all.   

He had OT in the morning.   That went quite well.    I also spoke to the Social Worker about how the time is holding out and how the hospital days count towards the Medicare allowed days.    I feel more in control now and was able to tell Dick.   It is good that we are working on the prosthesis now.   Tim says he will probably have it by next week, then Dick will really have to get to work.

He is still so weak as he recovers from his last pneumonia.   We see Dr. Fehrman and Dr. Sharon on Friday.    I have a list of questions for them too.



I came home at about 2:30PM.   Rested for a while, went down and mended a jacket for Mom then did a bit of quilting.   I came upstairs to begin my pepper jelly when the phone rang.  It was Dick with a problem.   He had gotten the impression that he was supposed to be able to put the rests for his stumps on to the motorized chair by himself.  I went back over there to show him that this was not possible and be sure of that myself.    He gets so concerned about things lately and I worry.

Hopefully tomorrow he will be stronger and more alert.

God love you

Mary

No comments: