Saturday, September 03, 2011

Well, I WAS on the run most of the day but I still feel more rested than yesterday.    I was in bed at 7PM last night.   I slept really well until Miss Roxie started bugging me at about 3AM.    I think it was the storm coming in and that she wanted reassurance but I was not happy with her.

I finally got up at about 5:30AM because I wanted to be ready to pick up Debbie O Grady to to the the Scottish Highland Games in Waukesha.    I had decided that I had to go because I had the CWI Banner and things for the table.  When I got there, I found that Linda, the gal in charge, had not received the list of our members that I had sent to her by email, so I was able to get that set at the gate before anybody else arrived. 

We had a table which we set up as a booth in the Cultural Area.   I liked that area, we met people at the Welsh and Cornish tables, the Shamrock Club and several vendors and craftspeople, some who were familiar with us and some not.    We made a lot of contacts.  

I did a bit of buying again.   I got a tea cozy and some tea and shortbread. 

They had a lovely tea area set up with tea served in pots and real cups and a great assortment of scones, breads and cakes.   SUPER.

I got to interact with several of our members and then  took an hour to roam the grounds to see what was there and then had to head for home.    I did eat a pasty for lunch.  

I arrived home at 1, did a couple of things here and then headed to Rocky Knoll.    I found Dick in therapy.   He had both PT and OT today.    Good that he is right back in.   He will not start standing again until Monday.   That will give him time to gain strength.

I stayed with him through supper and now am home for the night.   It sure feels good.   He seems much better today.   Very weak, but the pain in his shoulder is gone and the fever is also broken.  He ate a good meal so I am encouraged by that.

Tomorrow will be a "normal" Sunday.    That will get us back into a routine.   Labor Day will give us a bit of a break too.

So all is better - it seems.   Take care of yourselves

God love you

Mary

Whenever God closes one door, he always opens another, even though sometimes it's hell in the hallway.

No comments: