Friday, September 02, 2011

Today was very exhausting also, so I will defer til tomorrow to really update you on the Oklahoma trip.

I will also, hopefully, have uploaded my pictures and can share some of them with you also.

Today, Jody cleaned from 8 to 10.   Then I drove to Rocky Knoll to pick up clean clothes for Dick as I had received a call from the caseworker that they were sending him back to Rocky Knoll early this afternoon.   Then I picked up some Anniversary flowers for Mother and went over to see her as I needed to get updated on what vitamins she needed.   I always get her flowers on her and Dad's anniversary because I love seeing the smile on her face and hearing about the wedding day.

Then I went to Sheboygan Memorial so that Dick could get dressed for his trip back to the rehab center.   Tim picked him up at 12:30PM.   I followed but had to make a side trip to Fesslers Drug store to pick up some supplies for Mother and drop them off at her house on my way to Rocky Knoll.   Whew.

I stayed with Dick for the bulk of the afternoon. I left at 4ish.   The speech therapist came in and explained what she would be doing for Dick.    It seems that they are suspecting that the fact that the pneumonia is reoccurring is because of what is called aspirational pneumonia.   He is not swallowing sufficiently and particles settle in the lungs and infect.   This is apparently not too uncommon.    ANYTHING is worth a try at this point.

So I am home and fed and have done Dick's wash so am going to go to bed early.   Tomorrow morning I will be going to Waukesha for the Highland Games.   Debbie will ride with me and I will leave early to be at Rocky Knoll with Dick by 2PM.   Should be nice.    I have the banner and the table decorations and will just take a quick run of the event after setting up and helping with the table.   I will try to find Mike, the guy who brought our motorized chair.   He is in a reenactment group.

So.  Good night and God Bless.

Mary

No comments: