Saturday, July 09, 2011

A rather uneventful day.   I did not get up until after 8AM this morning.

I felt very lazy this morning so really did not do much of anything except for the usual morning things and loving the kitty.

I got to Rocky Knoll at about 11:30AM.   Dick had a good night again.    He is still looking good and has the weekend off from  therapy.  He is using the motorized chair which makes it easy to get around in.   It is not as roomy as the other one so he has to work his muscles to shift around.   Therapy will be able to help him with that.

We had lunch together.   I bought the lunch they provided this noon because it sounded good AND the dessert was Schaum torte.   After lunch Dick rested so I read and did some crossword puzzles.   Then a bit later in the afternoon,  we played some Rummy.  I brought cards and a cribbage board so we can do things like that to pass the time for him and keep him stimulated.   (And keep me from getting bored.)

Again I left after accompanying him down to the dining room for his supper.  

It is always nice to get home, the days are long.   Roxie is so glad to see me and I try to do some project or cleanup both in the morning and the evening.   Tonight I am SO tired, that I don't know how far I will get.

I fixed a grilled cheese and basil sandwich for my supper.   Boy is that good.  I baked some strawberry almond bread for the tea.   Soda breads freeze well, so I can concentrate on other more perishable tea foods next Saturday.

Tomorrow I will go to JMKAC to see A Rising Wind, The Lady Elgin Story with Nancy Coenen.

I am really excited about that.   I think I told you that Phillip King, a boy orphaned by the sinking of the Lady Elgin, was raised by relatives in the Clifford family.   When he grew up he married Charlotte (Lottie) Bowser,  my great grandfather Joseph's sister.

So soon to bed.   I really miss my naps.

God love you

Mary

No comments: