Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Here we are, finally the beginning of the week.  And the month.   With the whole weekend, including Friday, July 1st, being the holiday, life was very disjointed and it seemed that we were not really into the swing of rehab.

But today, Dick has been put on a pretty good schedule, I think.   He will have PT in the morning, OT in the afternoons. 

I have been staying home until about 11AM in the mornings, then going to Rocky Knoll to have lunch with Dick and spend the afternoon with him, coming home at about 5PM.  This seems to work pretty well for both of us.

Today he was in occupational therapy when I got there, so I sat and watched while he finished and then we went together for lunch.  

They got him at about 12:45PM for the PT so some could be done before Tim from Wisconsin Prosthetics came to check out the current prosthesis and get a look and measurement on the new amputation.  I got to see the incision and it seems to be healing pretty well.    The other leg has been swollen too but the compression sox are bringing it down.   A day or two and he will be able to wear the prosthesis without discomfort and Tim can finish the adjustments.   We have dry skin and a sore on that too.

Dr. Sharon stopped by to see him this afternoon.   I was SO glad to see him.   I was able to express my concerns to him.  He is always ready to explain treatment and so understanding.

So that was our day.   We played some rummy in the late afternoon.  We decided that we are going to start playing games to pass the time.   The days are so long for him.  AND for me is I am just sitting there.   I do read but just can't do that all day.  

Time to settle in for the night.   Both Dick and I slept well last night.   Hope this is a repeat.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: