Sunday, July 03, 2011

A lovely day and I had to spend it mostly inside again.   But that is OK since Dick looked so much better today.   His color was good and he was better rested as he did get some sleep last night.    They have figured out how to change his position in bed ever so slightly  to relieve pressure on his back and bottom and it is helping the discomfort in his back and helping rashes to heal.

He is experiencing more pain in he newly amputated leg, but I would imagine that is normal with the healing going on and the fact that the morphine is moving out of his system.

We lunched together, Dick and I.   They served meatballs, noodles and Caesar Salad and chocolate cake.  The noodles and cake were really good.   The meatballs were nondescript the the salad was nice and crisp with just OK Caesar dressing.  But we were together and that is all that matters.

Bobbie and Bill came to visit this afternoon.   A welcome sight.    We all enjoyed a nice visit in one of the gathering areas.   His room is rather cramped and not too good for visiting.

I went to 10AM Mass at Rocky Knoll.  I had planned on going to that Mass after I saw it on the schedule.  Then Alice, the wife of one of the other residents, Claude, who was at Plymouth Care the same time that Dick was three years ago, asked if I wanted to go and if I knew how to get there.   So we went together this morning.
It is a nice intimate mass with residents and volunteers.    I have decided to volunteer to bring patients down to the mass as long as Dick is there.   I should be able to help for four to 8 weeks which would make me feel useful.

I left there at 3PM so that I could take a drive over to Falls to visit with Mother for a bit.   She is looking good too.   She says she feels weak but does not have any real aches or pains and is just grateful that she can be in her own home and still has her wits about her.   We had such a good talk.    I figure that next Monday I will be able to start back to Bible Study and to our visits.   Then she will get weekly updates on Dick.

So.  Home again, I fixed a bit of supper and have been doing this blog and answering phone calls.   My friend Katherine from Ireland called.   We had a grand visit.   She and her son Tony were so gracious to this Yankee Girl when I was in Ireland last.

God bless you all continued thanks for your prayers.    They are keeping us lifted up, I know.

Mary

No comments: