Sunday, July 10, 2011

Boy was this a nice day.    I got up at 7AM.  (Of course, I always have been poked out of bed at 6AM to feed a greedy little cat.) I got myself all ready for this busy day.

I had to be at Rocky Knoll at 9AM.   Mass is at 10AM and I have volunteered to help residents come down to the Mass as long as Dick is there.   This mass is working so well and usually I just have lunch with Dick afterwards.   I helped three people down and one person back up after Mass.   I sat with my friend Alice during the Mass.    Please pray for her Claude.   He is very ill.

I left for home at 11:30AM.  My friend Nancy Coenen picked me up for our lunch and the play  - A Rising Wind The Lady Elgin Story.    We had a great time.   Lots of visiting on the way over and back and at lunch.   AND a really exceptional play.    The author was one of the actors.   The play was the story as told by a newspaper writer and four people who were involved in the incident.   I understand now, the sequence of events in more clarity.    Even better, we heard the story from the view of "passengers" and a seaman who was on the Augusta, the ship that rammed the Lady Elgin.   These accounts made the story very real.   It is so moving when a faces are put on history.

We had lunch at JMKAC.   It was excellent and I had anough to eat tonight when I had supper with Dick.   I drove over as soon as I got home and fed Roxie.   Then I came home almost immediately.   

Dick was settling down and tomorrow will again be a busy day.

He had company this afternoon.   Bobbie and Bill came to visit.   I kind of figured they would.   But there is quite a bit of activity in that place anyway.

So Now I am closing down to get ready for next week.     I have quite a bit to do, though not many appointments.  The Sheboygan CWI Tea will be at Kate's next Sunday from 2 to 4PM.    If you want to come, let me know.    I baked Strawberry bread and froze it for next week.    I am planning on making scones, lavender cookies and/or Apricot treats.

Tomorrow, I will be able to return to my normal Monday Bible Study and visit with Mother.    I am so looking forward to that.    I will go to Rocky Knoll right after lunch.   He is going to be practicing with a slide board and wants me there to observe and learn.

So.  I will be there.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: