Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Today was a nice weather day, though someone said that a few drops of rain fell.    I only know that it did not seem as humid and was not as hot either.

I went to Rocky Knoll this morning at about 9AM.  Dick was glad to see me of course.   He is all dressed and breakfasted by then so we visited until it was time for him to go to Occupational Therapy.  Most of his OT was his motorized chair "driver's test".    He has to go through ropes three times.   This was his second.   We walked all around the building - into the other areas of Rocky Knoll.   Down to the ground floor, where the chapel, a little store and some activity rooms are.     Then he had to do a slalom, back up and get in and out of the bathroom.   She walked down to the lunchroom with us to see how he fared getting up to the table for lunch.   He is really good so it is just a formality.

We had lunch together.   I purchased it today.   They had what they called Cowboy stew.  A really tasty stew that had both beef and pork sausages in it.   Dick and I both had it on noodles.   They had chocolate mousse for dessert.

I left shortly after lunch.   I had an appointment at Wells with my investment banker at 1:30AM.   We reviewed my accounts and did some tweaking.   I also had a mailing about my 401K about a class action suite and needed advice.

Then I shopped a bit.   I went to Fleet and found some thumbtacks, raisins and screw eyes.   The thumbtacks and screw eyes to finish assembling cork ornaments for favors at our tea.   I also stopped at Kmart for a akirt.   I really don't have a summer skirt and it seems, in my vision, that I should have a skirt for the tea.

So.  Home again.   I have been working on the cork ornaments and paying bills.  I fixed a fajita for my evening meal which was very tasty.

I hope your day was as pleasant.    Tomorrow is grocery shopping day.    I sure don't need much now but we get our lottery tickets on Wednesday too.   And Dick told me that he thinks it is just time that we win that thing and get it over with.

God love you

Mary

No comments: