Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hello Again.   This was a day that reminds us why we live in Wisconsin.   Lovely temperatures, green lush growth all around,  the corn growing like crazy and no humidity to speak of. 

I did the grocery shopping, such as it is, this morning and bought our lottery tickets.   We did well on the quick pick numbers this time.   Maybe it is a sign.

Shopping went very well, my major purchases were for Roxie.   She was just about out of food and I needed more litter.  I don't think she really appreciated it.

I went over to be with Dick at 11:30AM..  He had done most of his PT already.   I missed the slide board transfer today.  The therapists said that he did really well.  They hardly had to help him at all.  

We went down to lunch.  He now has two table mates.   I think they have gotten a couple more who need more help so they put two at the table who are pretty independent.   Bob, who used to sit at the table beside ours all alone and Rich, who just got here.   Rich broke both of his arms in a horse accident.   He has a great attitude and it is nice to sit at a full table.   It is good for Dick too.

After lunch he had his OT.  upper arm strength exercises and his last driving test.

At 3PM on we went down to the On the Rocks "bar" for the Wednesday happy hour.  Rich and a woman resident sat with us.   A pleasant break for us all.

I came home shortly after that and have been putting the cork ornaments together for the Tea favors.   They are fun.  I am trying to use just supplies that I have.  So far it is working.

So. Til tomorrow

God love you

Mary

No comments: