Sunday, June 05, 2011

Today is much improved.    The anethetic seems to be out of Dick's system and he is not talking goofy anymore.

We had a rather difficult night.   It seemed that every hour on the hour, he was waking up and getting up for either pain or bathroom.   I figured this would happen and had my "baby monitor" on so was there if he needed me.   Several times he did need me.   Roxie was a bit irritated because, of course, if she was settled in I shoved her aside for "the Man".   I am not sure if she really accepts this as the natural order of things.

His blood sugar count was a bit high (for him not for other diabetics) but we attributed it to the fact that he did not really eat yesterday.    He had no appetite at all.    Today he had a good breakfast, lunch and is having soup for his supper so I expect a great improvement tomorrow.

I will

No comments: