Thursday, June 09, 2011

Dick and I are very tired tonight.   Last night was rather patchy.    Dick kept waking up and then I wake up too.   I told him it is like having a baby in the house.

We had a very light breakfast and I just worked around the house until lunch time.   My friend Bob Fleming had called a couple days ago because we like to get together once in a while to discuss his art and my writing and the things we have in common.    He is also working on a St. Brigid Icon for the CWI for me.   I fixed a marvelous spinach, pear and Gorgonzola salad and tuna sandwiches for our lunch.    Boy was that good.  

Bob shared his sketches AND a story that he has written with me.   An absolutely charming story.   I hope he gets it published as he intends with his own illustrations, then I can share it with you all.   I lent him Cindy Matyi's book A Little Town of Spirals so that he could see one way of printing.

So this was a lovely day.   I finished it by watching that old movie THEM about the giant ants.   One of the greats.

Tomorrow we have the appointment with Wisconsin Prosthesis to hopefully correct the problems that Dick is having with his amputated leg and we see Dr. Fehrman about he operation.   I am concerned about the incision as the hot spot does not look any better and the incision does not look any better to me.   Dr. Fehrman will know.

My sister Nora called today and we had a really nice visit.   We are SO enjoying the box of pears that she sent from Harry and David.  I used one of them in that spinach salad.  They are sweet as can be and so delicious.

Have a good Friday.

God love you

Mary

No comments: