Monday, June 06, 2011

Boy What a day.

Last night was terrible.   Dick kept waking up and as he was having so much trouble getting in and out of  bed and the chair, I got very little sleep also.

It seems that that surgical shoe is useless.   He has slipped on it.  It has twisted it off twice that I know of and it was not helping keep his ankle straight at all

As we had an appointment with Dr. Fehrman after 4PM because he had surgery today, I spent a good hunk of the day going through my closet and drawers.   I have a big trash bag full of clothes to take to St. Vinnies.   Tomorrow I will check out the closet downstairs.

Bobbie met us at The Clinic at 4:30 or so.    Dr. Fehrman is both pleased and not pleased with the healing.   The main wound looks great and the two wounds on the ankle are almost healed.   The not pleased part is that there is a kind of open sore with one of the stitches near the new bone spur which is not good.    Not fatal at this point, of course.   They gave us a new boot, a walking boot and brace with inflation ability to keep things firm and protected.    I have to change the dressings, dry, one to two times a day and we will see him in Plymouth on Friday morning.

So we will hope for a good night's sleep tonight and a better day tomorrow.   Dick is really still a bit disoriented, I believe from the residue of the anesthetic.   Should wear off pretty soon.

So Tomorrow we will be home all day, get used to the new boot and do some leg washing.

Take car and God loves you

Mary

No comments: