Monday, June 20, 2011

Doctor day.    We got up and moving quite early as Dick's appointment with Dr. Sharon was at 9:15AM. 

A cool day considering all.   The sun was out for a very short period of time and at least I did not have to transfer Dick into the Clinic in the rain.   We just had toast for our breakfast.

Dr. Sharon says that Dick's pneumonia is healed.   We do, of course, have to finish the meds to be sure that all is erased.   We discussed everything on my list and I will meld it with what I hear from Dr. Fehrman tomorrow at 10:30AM when we see him.   The foot is still pitiful and I am sure we will set the day for the surgery when we see him as soon as possible.  Otherwise I will be a tiger and get my dander up.

This afternoon, Dick slept for almost 5 hours.   I did get him to eat a bit of lunch before he went down.  His blood sugars have been goofy.   Still not disastrous from what we hear from diabetics that are on meds and all but still higher than we are used to.

I talked to several people, took a nap and prepared a couple of things to tempt Dick to eat, (potato salad and egg salad).   We shared a hamburger and potato salad for our supper.

Tomorrow then, is the big day.  I will update you all in the blog in the evening.  

I am going to bed very early and will read until I can sleep.

Love you all

Mary

A Haiku

A thin space opened
Gentle spirits in the house
A peaceful passing.

No comments: