Tuesday, June 21, 2011

This has been an eventful and "Bridge" day for us.    We had an appointment with Dr. Fehrman this morning at 10:30Am. 

The day started out goofy.   Culligan was supposed to come.   I told them that they had to be here before 10AM because of the Dr. appointment.   At 9:45AM they were not here so I called and rescheduled.   I am not too happy with their service.  Dick is much more important than they are.   If I had not been assured that they would be here early, I would have rescheduled up front.

Now to the appointment.   We go there on time and Karen got his foot all unwrapped for Dr. Fehrman.  He looked at it and, as a good Doctor should, told us the options.  The only one Dick and I see is an amputation below the knee for his right leg.   This will allow things to heal.   We have been fighting sores and infections for years and the previous surgery is not healing properly.  The would is expanding and deb riding daily and I can't keep this up much longer as I watch my sweetheart get weaker and weaker.

So.   Surgery is scheduled for Friday at 1PM to do an amputation below the knee.   This is not an easy decision, but after three years of trying to heal the wounds and infections on his right foot and seeing the wounds, after the toe amputation just disintegrate, we don't want to keep this up.   Dick is exhausted and so am I.   It is time for me to got to bedl   I can't keep up with any more and Dick is all tucked in bed and hopefully will stay there for at least a couple of hours.

Love You

Mary

No comments: