Monday, May 09, 2011

What a nice Monday.   The sun was shining this morning and it was quite comfortable. I wore my jacket to bible study but it was not really required.    I stopped Mom's on the way to bring her a couple of scones.   Dolores and Ken took her to the eye doctor this morning so we did not visit after Bible Study as we usually do.

There were 9 of us at bible study today and we finished up our discussion of Psalm 16, the Miktam of David.  The bulk of the discussion was about Verse 5 - our allotted portion and desire for more and the constant struggle to balance the two.    We got every body inputting and I find that those the most interesting of our discussions.    Some of our people hold back or don't always think they have anything to say but when they do, it is always priceless.

I got home at about 11AM and prepared a steak and frensh fries for our lunch. Nothing like a good Tbone.   I buy them on sale and Dick and I find that one is plenty for both of us. 

This afternoon, the Sheboygan County Writer's had a speaker,   Marshall Cook, Wisconsin author and retired professor at UW Madison in Journalism.   I had been hearing about him for years and this was a good opportunity for me to go see him.    Jena Hoftiezer from the Cream City Writers came with me.   We were both inspired by his lecture and enthusiasm.   I wish I could have taken a class from him at some time.    I bought one of his mystery novels to read and he asked us to contact him on his email and he has a weekly newsletter so I certainly will do that.


Home again, just in time to wind the day down and take care of dinner prep and Roxie.  Dancing with the Stars was on tonight so that amused me until now.   It is after 9PM and I am ready for bed.  I received a letter from my friend Bee from Ireland today.   Also, a note from Lee Kastburg, the neighbor Dick's son.   I must write to them in the next day or two.

Tomorrow I will be home ALL day and intend to take advantage of the lack of schedule to just goof off.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: