Friday, May 27, 2011

The day was cool.   At least most of it.   I did notice that this afternoon,when I was coming home from Mother's house, that the sun felt pretty good.   I guess that is a good sign of spring.

We had to get up by 6:30AM this morning in order to get Dick over to Aurora for his pre op blood test at 8:15AM.  We left just as Jody arrived to clean the house.   The testing went pretty well, though Dick had a slippery vein.   Then we picked up Mac Donalds for breakfast.    A nice reward for being poked with a needle.

I tried to take it pretty easy the rest of the morning as this afternoon was again quite full.    I fixed Dick some noodles and gravy (a perfect Kunert meal) for lunch and joined my banker friends at Dairy Queen.  

I went from there to the post office to get stamps and mail a package.   Then on to visit Mother and take care of this week's bills.    Since I won't be going on Monday as it is Memorial Day, it made sense to just spend part of this afternoon with her and get everything caught up.    We had a nice visit.   She seemed a bit weary when I got there but our visiting usually perks her up, and me too.

When I got home I prepared a meatloaf and baked potatoes for our supper.   Always another popular meal around hear.   I do make a good meatloaf if I do say so myself.   Yea.   Meatloaf sandwiched for lunch tomorrow.

So this will be a very quiet holiday weekend.   The only place I have to go before Tuesday morning is to church tomorrow night.   We have decided that we are going to order takeout from Sweet Basil.   Now that we know they HAVE takeout, we can make it kind of a date.    We like dates.

I am going to plant tomatoes and basil tomorrow.  

Have a great Memorial Day weekend yourselves and remember those who served in the actions that  have kept us free and for whom we celebrate this special day and weekend.   I remember my uncles coming home after WWII.  They are all gone now.    Such a noble time.

Love and God love you

Mary

No comments: