Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!!

I got up at 6:30AM so that I could get to the 8AM Mass.  I miss going to Mass at 8AM on Sundays.   But with the priest shortage, I don't imagine that will be an option any time soon.  I was on the Eucharistic Minister duty today which is always an honor and a pleasure.   The youth choir sang.   A young man in the youth choir did a solo of He's Alive! with the choir bringing up the chorus after he finished the story song.   It was truly beautiful.   A lovely way to start Easter.

We got Dick bathed this morning and Bobbie and Bill arrived at 10:30AM on the dot.   She said they would be here at 10:30 and that is what happened.  She prepared Chicky Roll, a meal that her mother used to make for them.   It is a hamburger mixture rolled up in a dough like a jelly roll and then baked and served with gravy.   It is SO good.   Thank you Barbara.   Bobbie shared the recipe with me today.   We had corn and salad and a wonderful light dessert of cookies and whipped cream.

Then, we watched the Deathly Hollows, Part 1 the Harry Potter Movie that Dick bought for me.    Bobbie and I both enjoyed it though it is dark and some scenes are hard to see.   I will watch it some night in the dark to get the full impact.   We are looking forward to Part 2.   I don't think either of the guys are as interested as Bobbie and I are.

Tomorrow is count down to the Gathering which is next weekend at Galena.   I have my week all mapped out so Dick will be cared for properly and so that I have everything I need for the Gathering.

Have a special week.  It is the week of Easter,  the Resurrection.   A time to be happy and grateful for our Lord and the beautiful reawakening of the Earth as Spring comes on us.

God love you

Mary

No comments: