Monday, April 25, 2011

This surely was a Monday.    I only had two things scheduled (Bible Study and visiting Mother) but ended up leaving early to pick up her vitamins and stopping at Evans for some thread on my way to Bible Study. 

Mom and I had our usual nice visit.   She only had a couple of bills to check out so we didn't have to do much BUT visit.  I brought home a bunch of her pictures to scan into Picasa and then into Ancestry.  I have some of them but not most so this is a real treasure trove for  me.    WWII service pictures of 5 of my uncles on both sides.   And others, some that I don't remember seeing before.

Eileen and family brought Easter Dinner to Mom's yesterday.  I could tell it was a great day for her as she was tired but not exhausted, if that makes sense.   Eileen brought turkey AND ham so what a feast.

The sun was shining most of the day and it was in the upper 50s.   Just lovely.    Mom was planning on leaving her front door open for part of the day and I think that is practical.   I wouldn't mind doing that myself.    I need to get some help changing the front door glass to the screen.     Now that we just have our Roxie, we can really leave things open if we want to.   Nobody barking - so sad.

On the way home, I stopped at Kmart and bought Dick some new t shirts and myself some new jeans.   Boy you have to try on every pair.  I got two pair in two different sizes. and they both fit just fine.

We had teryaki chicken legs and rice for dinner.   I put it in the crock pot before I left this morning and the meat was falling off the bone, literally, when I got home.    Nummy Nummy, then we finished the cookie, whipped cream dessert that Bobbie left for us.

Tomorrow I have to get up at 6AM to take poor little Roxie for her tooth extraction.   She sill not be happy with me at all. 

A Small Haiku

Sunshine followed me
All along the country road
To my journey's end.

God love you

Mary

No comments: